Homestead Exemptions Application: Form 50-114
Homestead Application: Form 50-114
- Must own and occupy as of January 1st
- Need copy of Texas Driver License or Texas ID which MUST match situs
- If Mailing
Address is PO Box, the Texas Driver License or Texas ID still has to match
the situs (both PO box and situs can be listed on the license/id's). The
mailing address does not necessarily need to be listed on any form of ID
***If you cannot get an appointment to update your address on your driver's license, please be advised we can backdate the application for up to two years
- If confidential owner, Texas Driver License or Texas ID does not have to match the situs
- If active military, need utility bill and ID does not have to match situs
- You can go back two years when determining tax year. You can only do this if they have owned and occupied the home for the last two years.
- The cap applies to your homestead exemption beginning in the second year you have the exemption.
- The homestead cap adjustment is calculated on a year to year basis. If in the current year, the property reflects no cap adjustment, then the current value is not higher than 10% of last year’s value.
- Reduces taxable value for the school district and the road district.
- School district subtracts $25,000 from the value before taxing your property.
- The road district subtracts $3,000 from the value before taxing your property.
· When filing for the residence homestead exemptions, you must file an application no later than two years after the delinquency date. The delinquency date is January 31st.
· On our website www.wcad.org
within the property search. Enter name, address, or REF ID to pull up property. Click HS exemption icon.
HOMESTEAD CAP Q. What is a Homestead Cap? (Sec. 23.23) Cap value applies to residential homesteads only. If this property is your residence homestead, the appraised value may not exceed the lesser of the market value of the property or the sum of: 10 ...
Residential Homestead Exemption: How to File Electronically
Use the Property Search option to locate your property. Search by name, address or account number. Click the HS Exemption icon to access the online Homestead application. At the top of the form you will need to check the Yes or No box ...
Exemptions Information & Requirements
Homestead Exemption: Online Application Tax Code Section 11.13 Must own AND occupy as of January 1st Need copy of Texas Driver License or Texas ID with matching situs If Mailing Address is PO Box, the Texas Driver License or Texas ID still has to ...
Disabled Person- Homestead Application: Form 50-114
Disabled Person Exemption: Form 50-114 Must own and occupy property Need copy of Texas Driver License or Texas ID with matching situs Need current Social Security Disability Benefits letter, Medicare card with parts A and B, or physician’s statement ...
Instructions and Videos: Homestead Application, Agricultural 1-d-1 Application, Protest, and Business Personal Property Rendition
Homestead Video - Residence Homestead Exemption Information Agricultural Valuation Video - Agricultural-Valuation How to Fill out 1-D-1 Agricultural Application Protest Video - The Protest Phase Video - How to file a Protest Business Personal ...