Mobile homes

Mobile homes

Mobile Homes 


When purchasing a mobile home, it would need to be registered with the Department of Housing & Community Affairs so a statement of ownership can be created. A statement of ownership is a legal document that verifies the owner of the property.  


Name: Texas Dept of Housing & Community Affairs  

Address: 1106 Clayton Ln Ste 270W  

                Austin TX 78701  

Phone: 800 – 500-7074  


A copy of statement of ownership document needs to be provided to WCAD so an account can be created for tax purposes. The document can be emailed to for ownership updates. Listed below is a copy of what the Statement of Ownership looks like: 




*When the property is sold, the bill of sale would need to be provided to WCAD to update tax records otherwise a tax bill will continue being generated for each taxing year. 


    • Related Articles

    • How does the appraisal district determine the value of a home?

      The house is measured, classified, and depreciated due to its condition and age. The Appraisal District then compares the home to similar homes that have sold recently and determines the value accordingly.
    • Residential Property Valuation FAQ

      Why is IMPROVEMENT shown on my notice when I haven’t made any? Improvement on your notice means any structure that is attached to the land. A house is an improvement to the land. The improvement segment(s) listed on my property are incorrect. Can ...
    • “I’m thinking of buying this property”

      When purchasing a new property in Williamson County, there’s a few things to keep in mind. We’ve provided simple and easy instructions for you to follow. Williamson Central Appraisal District has gathered a few questions that will help you during ...
    • New Homeowner Checklist

      Are you a new homeowner or new to Texas? With so much to do upon buying a new home, it is easy to overlook some vital steps. This checklist contains a variety of items often missed because new homeowners are unfamiliar with Texas property tax laws. ...
    • New Build

      When a structure is under construction, that structure’s value is assessed as of the percentage completion of construction on January 1st of the Tax Year. Any structure on a property is considered an Improvement. The Total Improvement Market Value + ...