100% Disabled Veteran Exemption
100% Disabled Veteran: Must receive a 100% disability rating due to a service connected disability or be considered total and permanently disabled from the Veterans Affairs:
- Must own AND occupy property
- Must receive 100% disability benefits OR be considered unemployable or be considered totally and permanently disabled by the Veteran Affairs
- Need copy of Texas Driver License or Texas ID with matching situs
- Need current 100% Disability Benefits Letter with effective date of disability (within the last two years)
- Exemption is prorated based on deed date or move-in date as long as 100% disability benefits were granted the same year
- If veteran sells or moves to another property, the exemption will be prorated based on the deed date
- The form 50-114 can be submitted electronically from our website www.wcad.org
- Using Property Search locate your property; click on the HS icon and fill out the application
Spouse of a 100% Disabled Veteran: Tax
Code Section 11.131(d)
- Surviving spouse
of a U.S. armed services member who has not remarried since the death of
the service member
- Texas Driver
License or Texas ID with matching situs
- Exemption is
prorated based on deed date or move-in date as long as 100% disability
benefits were granted the same year
- Need 100%
Disability Benefits letter-letter must be current (within the last two
years) with effective date of disability
- If veteran's
surviving spouse sells or moves to another property, the exemption will be
prorated based on deed date
Veteran with a Disability Rating Less Than 100%-SEE FORM 50-135)
Disabled Veteran's and Survivor's Exemptions
Disabled Veteran Exemption - Disability Rating of 10% - 100% You qualify for this exemption if you are a disabled veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces with a service connected disability rating of 10% or more and can provide proof of Texas Residency. A ...
Residential Homestead Exemption: How to File Electronically
Use the Property Search option to locate your property. Search by name, address or account number. Click the HS Exemption icon to access the online Homestead application. At the top of the form you will need to check the Yes or No box ...
Exemptions Information & Requirements
Homestead Exemption: Online Application Tax Code Section 11.13 Must own AND occupy as of January 1st Need copy of Texas Driver License or Texas ID with matching situs If Mailing Address is PO Box, the Texas Driver License or Texas ID still has to ...
Over 65 Exemption
Over 65 Exemption (tax code 11.13(c) exemption): Form 50-114 · Must own and occupy property · Need copy of Texas Driver License or Texas ID with matching situs · Eligible the year they purchase the property and at least one owner is ...
Tips for Property Owner Exemptions
Tips for Williamson County Property Owners to Take Advantage of Available Property Tax Exemptions TIP #1 – Worth repeating: No need to wait until the new year to apply for your homestead and other exemptions. Most exemptions are effective January 1 ...